Friday, September 04, 2009

How we used to drive II

Returned to sketch a bit more of the collection before it's all gone. Here's a longer study (1.5 hrs) of a Brasier Grand Prix Special from about 1908/09...
I still think the longer drawings look a bit too finished for my liking - I prefer them a bit loose and sketchy so I went back to my A5 sketchbook for a few half-hour 'quickies'. Here's a stunning 1935 Bentley with the most amazing aerodynamic coachwork by Freestone & Webb of North London...

This is a very sorry looking 1929 Daimler 35/120. It sits in a corner, partly on bricks and is surrounded by spares. On the dented front wheel arch sits a newspaper from 1984 with a headline announcing Diana is to have a child...


Lurking behind a 1906 Berliet and a 1932 Delage is a very elegant Delahaye 135M Coupe from 1947...

No comments: