Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Devon

Went camping in Devon for a few days. Didn't rain but there was a cold wind - which put us off sending much time on the beach. Still, we had a fun time exploring the area and had a nice view of Burgh Island from the tent. Here's a couple of quick sketches.

Burgh Island - with it's famous Art Deco Hotel...


Newton Ferrers and Totnes. Some of the architecture was very interesting - particularly in the back streets of Totnes - but there wasn't enough time to draw it all unfortunately...


and Dartington Hall - went a bit wrong with the windows...

5 comments:

Dan Palatnik said...

Beautiful artworks. What else can i say... My hat off to you sir. You have the gift.

Jack Kung said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great and having a lot of intresting things. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free to give me some comment, more important thing is being my follower! Thank you very much.

(My blog is sharebooksreview.blogspot.com)

stefan marjoram said...

Thanks for the compliments - glad you liked the pictures.

Jack - just had a look at your blog - looks like a big task you've set yourself there. Good luck with the book too.

Sarah Chong said...

Love the sketch of Burgh Island - my aunt and uncle got married there in 2003, beautiful venue! :)

Sarah Chong said...

Love the sketch of Burgh Island - my aunt and uncle got married there in 2003, beautiful venue! :)