Monday, September 07, 2009

How we used to drive III

Today most of the cars left for the Bonhams auction later this week. I managed to get a few last sketches in. Luckily there's still a terrific looking vintage car garage to sketch.

Today I have a 1947 Allard (with a Bentley radiator on the floor before it)...

... a 1837 Riley (with the Delahaye behind)...

... a Berliet. Windscreen wipers have really come a long way since 1906. This had a single wiper at the very top of the screen, about 4 inches long. It is operated manually by wiggling a lever on the front pillar...

A very imposing Rolls Royce. It had some interesting repairs to the front wing involving tin snips and a rivet gun...

And finally a beautiful 1932 Delage...

1 comment:

dozenoaks said...

Hi, I clicked through from 'Drawn' but this isn't what I was expecting to find!! My Dad has a couple of Riley's and an edwardian era Buick. Him and my brother were at the Prescott hill climb in the Buick, I don't know if you happened to see them!

Anyway, I really enjoyed your drawings. Vintage car drawings can look very staid but yours definitely aren't :)