Thursday, September 03, 2009

A few day trips to various places whilst visiting my parents in Hampshire. Firstly the new 'Mercedes Benz World' on the site of the Brooklands race track. It was very impressive with a small selection of historic cars and plenty more besides - it's free too. I'm pleased with how this W154 came out...



I did this sketch of the W196 bodywork (a fibreglass copy) first. It's a bit heavy handed...
Visited the Natural History Museum which was rather busy but still amazing. I've just finished reading 'The Dinosaur Hunters' - an excellent book covering the early days of dinosaur discovery and study. Here's an Icthyosaur - the creature Mary Anning found that started the whole thing off...

I also revisited the Weald and Downland Museum. I first went 30 years ago on a school trip. I remember I already had quite a keen interest in old buildings - a wonderful big tudor house called 'the Bayleaf' in particular. This isn't it but it's similar...

This is a wind-driven water pump...

No comments: