Thursday, May 05, 2011

Jaguar, Tatra and Alvis

This week I've only had to travel as far as the next village to get my fix of exciting cars. First there was this rather splendid Jaguar C-Type replica. I'm also working on a more graphic front-view using Adobe Ideas...


Then I returned to Edwards Motorsport where I made some of my earliest sketches. Here's a quick one of the Tatra which I drew the motor of. The body has been resprayed - but the many rivets are supposed to be bare metal - which meant a difficult time for the sprayer. You can also see one of the engine blocks on the floor in front (although it's not really a block - more of a circle)...


... and here's an Alvis called Georgina looking quite sporty without her rear mudguards (drawn on the iPad with the Ideas app)...


They had also just finished a major restoration of a Frazer Nash motorshow car which I'm hoping to go back and sketch soon.

2 comments:

Ricco said...

Hi Stefan !
your drawings on ipad are pretty impressive, I don't owe one myself but I'm curious, do you use your finger to draw ???? is there an Apple Stylus you can use ?

cheers !

Eric

stefan marjoram said...

Thanks Eric. i do usually use a stylus - not an apple one though - they don't believe in them. My friend was actually given a hard time by the assistant when he asked about one in the Apple store "It's all about the tactile experience" or some such nonsense. it's quite fun to draw with your finger for a chage but you get a little more accuracy with a stylus. The Boxwave ones are good and cheap or if you want a fancy one there's one from Just Mobile, They're not super accurate as they have a blunt point and they're never quite long enough either but you get used to it.